Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society


Day 10: Join INPAWS

Have you heard of INPAWS?

Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society INPAWS has a great mission statement as they seek to appreciate, preserve, conserve, utilize and study native plants to Indiana, as well as educate the public about indigenous plants.


I have been very impressed with this group and what they do! I joined their Facebook group early this year. Through interaction on this board, I have learned about plants seasonally that are native our area. I have seen amazing photography and asked questions. I have shared resources I found as well. I have access to good information about why native plants are the way to go. 

INPAWS also has regional chapters that get together on a regular basis. In the northern region, they went on several hikes this past year.

At the state level, INPAWS also has a small grants program and awards for special projects.  


I would suggest if you want to learn more about native plants and encourage the use of native plants in your area that a membership to INPAWS is a great way of paying it forward. Be kind to native plants!

Mayflower!