Monday, December 9, 2013

Ice Sculptures for the Birds


Day 22: Ice Sculptures for the Birds

It was great to see snow the other day and continue to see it for several more days! We have a little tree near our house. I trimmed a few branches near the house that were a little in the way, though the extra trimmings of Christmas trees would work great for this!


I pulled cranberries from the freezer and a castle bundt pan--I'm excited to see how this will turn out! I placed the berries in the bottom of the castle pan in a manner please to my eye; however, when I added water, they floated wherever they wanted so just putting them in would work. 


I snipped some of my greens with my kitchen shears (which I love!) and arranged the greens with the berries. 


I put the pan in the freezer along with the pasture raised beef from down the street and our frozen pizzas from Sam's Club. Balance in all things, right?