Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snow Designs


Day 20: Snow Designs

With our snow, I spent some time making different designs in the snow. Of course, shovels or other methods could be used, but I just used plain ole' feet to make my spiral design. Do you see the snowy bicycle contraption in the back? That's the 4-year-old son's "sculpture". It seems like he took half the toys off the front porch and tied them altogether with rope so that it can't be ridden. Interesting! I look forward to see where he goes with it! 


Different angles give it a different view! 


Chevrons have been hot recently, so I thought I'd try more linear designs with diagonals.


Another neat approach when you have undisturbed snow! I can't wait to see what you do with it! 


A good nature study to go with these would be looking at ice crystals, snowflakes, etc. It's always fun to cut out snowflakes from paper when you're inside.