Saturday, April 6, 2013

ReStore

I stopped by the ReStore in Goshen Saturday morning. I've heard about it different times, but hadn't taken the time to make a stop. I found lots of POSSIBILITIES inside. They accept various donations such as flooring, appliances, cabinets, etc. and resell them to help fund Habitat for Humanity projects in the area.


The store had mirrors, lighting fixtures, etc.


I even found a bird feeder and other small items for outside.


Various hardware items are also available. We'd just seen artwork the night before with different nuts and bolts . . . possibilities!


These granite backsplash tiles were only 25 cents--what could I make with these? Hmm . . . if you have any ideas send them my way!


There were rolls of fabrics and ends and pieces.


Full cabinet sets were available.


And even toilets!

There were nice arbors, trellises, and a few other garden supplements.


These half barrels of various sizes were reasonably priced.


They had a display with ideas for repurposing some of the items. I purchased some fan blades and a couple of table legs to try my hand at dragonflies like these. They also have a section of what customers have made on their website. Maybe I can get 50% off, too. :-)


These little window boxes were  only $2.50. Of course, inventory changes all the time. They had 50% off many items last weekend, which would have been a good time to shop! I have some ideas brewing!


There is also a ReStore in South Bend and Mishawaka. Their "green" factor is impressive. They also have scheduled electronic ReCycling days. You can see some of their inventory here. I've heard they have repurposing classes from time to time. They have a couple special activities for Earth Day, such as paper shredding and kids' activities.