In 2012, our word for the family was GROW. Here is a little of our collected inspiration on Pinterest. This influenced our life in many ways. Looking back we find the following (past tense, though many will continue!):
1. We grew a garden. We made raised beds and followed the square-foot garden method. Need to figure out how to handle squash bugs better!
2. We grew our vermicomposting (yes, worms in the kitchen!) operation.
4. We grew our interest in nature. Carla became an Indiana Master Naturalist.
5. We grew relationships, friendships, connections, and respect for others.
6. We grew a new website, www.insideoutsidemichiana.com.
7. We grew some skills, like making maple syrup, canning, and additional computer skills.
8. We grew science fair champions (literally for one--sprouts!) and beautiful boys.
9. We grew COMMUNITY! Thanks for being a part of it!
Overall, the word has been an opportunity for us to focus in the background of our lives. We put big GREEN letters that say GROW up above the front door. We see these each day that we leave our house. It will continue to remind us of how we grow as a family, as individuals, and as a community as we connect with nature and the world around us.